Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grain Elevator Rugs on CBC Calgary Television!

Sharon Johnston has done such a wonderful job of promoting our show in Calgary.  She has arranged gallery shows, demos, advertising and news coverage.   I have admired Sharon's elevator rug so many times and have enjoyed the hooking bag she created as a gift to me from all of you, and now at long last, I have seen her face!



Click here for a CBC Calgary TV news report aired on Feb. 18th, but be sure that you slide the bar to 14:29 minutes into the news program (so you don't have to watch all of the news).

The show has had wonderful success, thanks to many able volunteers, and to the Galleria Inglewood for providing the space!

--Rita

3 comments:

  1. Thanks should also be given to the Galleria Inglewood for providing the space for this exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rugs are gorgeous! I saw them in A Needle Pulling Thread magazine. I read the article and got COMPLETELY choked up! lol You made my prairie heart cry. Lovely lovely. Some day I will join up!
    : )
    ~Monika in Saskatoon
    who grew up next to the Hamlin elevators

    ReplyDelete